ACTISORB® Silver 220
ACTISORB® Silver 220 dressing is a silver antimicrobial, activated charcoal dressing, designed to protect the wound from infection whilst trapping wound malodour.
- ACTISORB® Silver 220 has been shown to be effective in the treatment of bacterially contaminated wounds1 even though silver release into the wound is minimal2.
- The elemental silver has been shown to be effective against microbes in lab studies, without hindering cell proliferation2.
- Additionally the benefits of the dressing in critically colonized wounds and non-healing wounds have been demonstrated clinically on over 12,000 patients3.
- The Use ofACTISORB® SILVER 220 on a Chronic Neuropathic Foot Ulcer
- The Beneficial Effects Of A Non-Releasing Silver Containing Wound Dressings on Fibroblast Proliferation
- The Benefits of Activated Charcoal Cloth with Silver on Odour Control
- Effect of ACTISORB® on healing outcomes of chronic wounds
Click this link to view ACTISORB® 220 product codes
© Systagenix Wound Management 2011. Brands marked with ® or ™ are trademarks of Systagenix. All other products referenced herein are acknowledged to be trademarks of their respective owners.
1. Soriano et al. Effects of an activated charcoal silver dressing on chronic wounds with no clinical signs of infection. JWC Vol 13 no. 10. 2004
2. Nisbet et al. The Beneficial effects of a non-releasing silver containing wound dressings on fibroblast proliferation. Poster presented at Wounds UK 2011
3. Stadler et al. Survey of 12,444 patients with chronic wounds treated with Charcoal dressing (ACTISORB®). Akt Dermatol 2002; 28: 351-354. 2002
4. Nisbet et al. The benefits of activated charcoal cloth with silver on odour control and bacterial endotoxin binding. Poster presentation at Wounds UK 2011
5. Russell AD et al. Antimicrobial activity and action of silver. Progress in Medicinal Chemistry.31, 351-370. Elsevier Service 1994
6. Kerihuel et al. Effect of activated charcoal dressings on healing outcomes of chronic wounds. JWC Vol 19 no 5. 2010